Sunday, August 4, 2013

All About Peter Capaldi

Posted by Ewan Cassidy, UK Correspondent for TARDIS Magazine

We finally know, Mr. Peter Capaldi is the 12th actor to play the greatest role in TV history. So what are my first opinions on Mr. Capaldi? Well, he's Scottish (where I'm from)!  If you recall, he's the second Scottish Doctor and also the second Doctor with the name Peter.

But who is Peter Capaldi? Well, he is the first Oscar nominated/winning actor to play the Doctor. True Whovians will remember him in The Fires Of Pompeii as a Roman dad (I can't remember who he played).  And he was also a doctor, a spin doctor, in another TV show.

Images courtesy of the BBC
But let's take a look at what Capaldi was wearing. His suit reminded me so much of David Tennent, only Capaldi's suit was black while Tennent's suit was more blue, (when Tennent's wore it,) so I hope Capaldi's outfit will remind me of the greatest Doctor of all time!  (I love David Tennent, ok?)

So what do I think of Peter Capaldi?  He seems nice.  I know most fans will be shocked to see that John Hurt is not the Doctor, but let's give Mr Capaldi a chance.  We probably need to wait a year to really see him actually do stuff, but I look forward to it.

But one more thing, what of John Hurt? It clearly said "John Hurt as the Doctor!"  My assumption is he may be the next actor to play the Master, but I'll make a new report on that.  If the master comes back, what would happen?

(Ewan Cassidy Reporting. Time Uploaded 10:53 PM (UK))

No comments: