Sunday, September 29, 2013

Doctor Who Dolls!

Posted by ABBAFan456

 I know this has nothing to do with art, but I felt like sharing this because it is Doctor Who-related.  :)






These are my homemade Doctor Who dolls.  From left to right: Donna, The 10th Doctor, and Rose.  The Doctor and Rose don't belong to me but to my friends who helped.  Donna belongs to me, though.  I also sewed all their clothes.


Making the Doctor's clothes was very tricky to make because first off, I have never sewed anything with pockets before this and I had never done anything with a collar, either.  So that was a bit of a challenge for me. :P

 


Rose's clothes was fairly simple to do.  I had based it off the clothes she wore in "Tooth and Claw" (which is actually one of my favorite episodes).   I had a lot of fun making her jumper as well as debating with a friend whether to put a flower on the pocket or not.  As you can see, we decided that it looked better with the flower.





Donna was extremely easy to do because I didn't have to make her any new clothes!  :D  The dress actually belongs to one of my other dolls.  I plan on making her a wedding dress.  I'm thinking that I should give her pockets so that she doesn't have anything to complain about...  :P

These are the only Doctor Who dolls I  have, but I am working on a bunch more. I currently have Amy, the 11th Doctor, the 9th Doctor (who is my favorite of all of the docs), Jackie, and Captain Jack as doll heads waiting to get bodies.

So just stay tuned and I'll probably have more to come soon.  :)

1 comment:

Allison the Writer said...

Awwwww! They're so cute! I think Rose is my favorite of the three so far. :)